Image Posted on
I hope to have gotten across the fact that Caps Lock Thinks isn’t only a book blog, but I thought this was kinda fun anyway. And, considering over half my reviews are books, it didn’t seem too far-fetched to participate in.
Thanks to Anette of booknerderie for letting my tag myself in the Book Blogger Test. :] Check out her answers.
What are your top three book pet hates?
- An all-white, all-straight, all-CIS, all-do-gooder, all-blue-eyed, all-blond-haired, all-virgin cast of characters.
- Seriously, the virginity/abstinence porn thing pisses me off. People have sex. Do not act surprised.
- An absence of meaningful side characters. I wanna read a book knowing everyone in it’s the hero of their own story.
Describe your perfect reading spot
A nice comfy couch. Like the ones in my living room. :D
Tell us three book confessions
- I hate popular books… usually. The more popular it is, the more likely I am to roll my eyes at it.
- I like hardback books because my sweaty hands don’t destroy the covers. I know. I’m gross.
- It takes me way too long to read. Like, sometimes, months.
When was the last time you cried during a book?
And I don’t mention it often, but there’s a particular scene in Last Exit to Brooklyn by Hubert Selby, Jr., which is one of my favorite books of all time, that tightened up my throat. If you just read it, you’ll know. It’s brutal.
How many books are on your bedside table?
Three. All the books I’m currently reading.
- Black Earth: End of the Innocence by David N. Alderman
- The Spirit Clearing by Mike Tufo (seriously about to DNF this one)
- Blood Brothers by Jody Zimmerman
What is your favourite snack to eat while you’re reading?
None. I don’t eat while I read. Sometimes, I’ll be drinking water or apple juice, though.
Name three books you would recommend to everyone
These are all pretty random but still really good books that I’ve enjoyed in the past. In no particular order, of no particular importance.
- Dead Girls by Richard Calder
- The Sleepwalkers by J. Gabriel Gates
- Sykosa Part I: Junior Year by Justin Ordoñez
Write how much books mean to you in just three words
What is your biggest reading secret?
I become increasingly more interested in a book if it has any mention of homosexuality. Even if it’s vaguer than all what the fuck. I’m in.
I’m not tagging anyone. Participate if you want – it’s a free-for-all!